The smartdept. inc. is in search of a seasoned SEO Strategist for a global financial client. The successful candidate will bring significant experience in on-page and technical SEO, site analytics, vendor management, project management and understanding of UX best practices. The primary focus of this role will be to increase visibility of the clients domain for relevant search queries.
The position will be based in Riverwoods IL, and will have the flexibility to work from the Chicago office at least once a week. This is a 4+ month contract, with the potential to go full time with the client.
•Lead and develop strategies to meet goals of driving significant increases in organic search traffic to the site resulting in measurable growth across all relevant KPIs
•Proactive ideation, addressing key SEO focus areas – keyword rank & expansion, content gap and competitive analysis, and channel support for new business and product initiatives
•Build foundational relationships across key stakeholders including CRO, UX, technology, paid search and product teams
•Work closely with CMS and site experience teams to optimize web pages and site architecture for SEO
•Provide analysis & SEO recommendations to the editorial & content marketing teams
•Track and report against a variety of key performance indicators that demonstrate the effectiveness of the organization's SEO efforts.
•Provide performance based forecasts and report against goals
•Manage vendors, billing, contracts and budgets
•Create opportunities for search by optimizing web pages for mobile experience and site speed
• 4+ years general digital marketing experience (UX, paid search, display, content marketing) with 2+ years directly in the SEO
• Proven success in improving an organizations SEO performance through on / off -page, technical and content initiatives
• Experience using Omniture (or similar) enterprise analytics software required
• Strong understanding and knowledge of SEO Best Practices and of the latest search engine algorithm updates
• Proven ability to analyze, aggregate, interpret and present data and recommendations to leaders • Ability to identify actionable insights from large datasets
• Experience with enterprise CMS
• Proven track record independently leading complex projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable with speaking in front of a wide variety of audiences including company executives
• Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite, with advanced capabilities in Excel Bachelor's degree, four years of college, specialized professional training or equivalent experience
Ideal candidate will also have some of the preferred skills and will come from an SEO agency or a financial industry working as an SEO Strategist
• Experience in UX or conversion rate optimization
• Experience with CMS migration, AEM and WordPress
• Experience in a highly regulated industry optimizing large enterprise websites. Financial, Healthcare or Insurance industry a plus.
• Experience with key Search programs such as BrightEdge, Conductor, SEM Rush, Search Console
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.