smartdept.inc is in search of a Lead Product Specialist for a 6 month contract opportunity working with a leading credit card provider in Lincolnshire!
What you'll do:
- Assist with the strategy and execution for the client's SEO program across the major search channels in order to improve rankings.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of our website and web pages.
- Measures website performance, including organic search performance and engagement with website content, tools, and resources.
- Tracks performance and provides insights and opportunities to management for optimization and continuous improvement.
- Develops technical guidelines for developers and designers to maximize search engine optimization success including: page speed, URL structures, internal linking guidelines, markup, and information architecture.
- Monitors, maintains, and increases quality inbound links. Performs site audits and leads improvement initiatives.
- Analyze web site traffic patterns and engagement and make recommendations on how to improve customer experience and achieve business goals.
- Manage the implementation and prioritization of website maintenance requests including regression and post install validation.
- Ensures existing content on Client's web properties remains up-to date and accurate. Manages annual audits of all existing blog content with Legal.
- Identify process improvements to increase throughput and heighten accuracy and efficiency in execution.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in SEO.
- 3-5 years web experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in Marketing and/or Digital Marketing.
- Experience with WordPress a plus.
- Experience with the Adobe Suite of products including Analytics, Experience Manager, Launch and Target a plus.
- Experience executing and managing SEO programs at local or national levels.
- Experience with Google services, including AdWords, Search Console (Webmaster Tools), and Google Analytics.
- A functional understanding of back-end SEO elements such as HTML, CSS, robots.txt, metadata, etc.
- Experience with technical SEO analysis, site analysis, and reporting.
- Familiarity with SEO tools of the trade (SEMrush, Majestic, SEO Clarity, etc.).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously, adapting to changing priorities and working under deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience interpreting analytics and recognizing trends.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent problem solving skills.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- High energy, enthusiasm and creativity a must!
This position will be onsite in Riverwoods for a couple of months to get up and running and then they would allow 2 days from Chicago and WFH on Friday (if that is desirable).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.