The smartdept is in search of a Marketing Communications Specialist to work for a progressive and international brand located in Northbrook. If you’re interested in joining an innovative company known for being at the forefront of all the latest industry trends, this is just the job for you!
In this position, you’ll be responsible for the hands-on execution of all internal and external communications, developing content for both print and digital consumption. You’ll also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with a variety of different departments and initiative leaders throughout the company, creating communications that target and reach a diverse range of audiences.
Projects could include (but are not limited to): social media, blog posts, presentations, web content, marketing promotional content, collateral, customer and supplier communications, HR and training communications, and press releases. You’ll also be responsible for developing collateral for various products found within the brand’s product portfolio.
This is a global role, which will primarily support operations in the U.S., Mexico, and Latin America. This role reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
What You’ll Do:
Marketing Resource Management
- Develop and maintain distribution lists for communications purposes
- Establish metrics for measuring success of communications and delivers information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience
- Develop internal and external branding strategies through a deep understanding of the business and overall market
- Utilize various channels for communication including PR, Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Assist with refreshing the company’s intranet; be the product and content owner of the company’s intranet and external website
- Establish the website as a valued resource and preferred destination within the industry
- Create a digital footprint to support the company’s branding strategy
- Support the company’s commercial involvement in trade events; becoming the subject matter expert on event planning and communication
- Ensure that the commercial team has effective collateral and support material
- Drive communications to the commercial team around key marketing initiatives
- Support joint promotional opportunities with customers and suppliers
- Support HR internal communication initiatives in coordination with overall company messaging
- Develop training communications, community engagement materials, diversity and recruitment materials, employment branding collateral, and more
- Assist in the preparation of technical and executive speeches / presentations
- Enforce high quality standards and messaging consistency that align with brand verbal identity
- Bachelor Degree; Journalism or Technical Writing strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of related experience in some combination of internal / external Marketing, Resource Management, Branding and Communications
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and quickly shift priorities as business demands require
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency with various Microsoft and other position relevant technologies
- Strong understanding and experience related to digital and social media; HTML knowledge a plus
- Ability and experience establishing good relationships with internal customers, staff and vendor partners
- Portfolio of work history is required; writing work samples which demonstrate advanced competency
- Tradeshow experience preferred
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.