The smartdept is on the hunt for a handful of talented and experienced proofreaders for a globally-recognized corporate client in Lincolnshire, IL. We’re looking for several candidates to work on-site and proof a number of print components that are designed in-house for their Fortune 500 clients.
If you’re super detail-oriented, an excellent multi-tasker and are looking for a long-term opportunity, then please keep reading!
What you’ll be doing:
- Proofreading for grammar, style, and accuracy of all existing written copy, such as long form catalogs, brochures and marketing collateral
- Editing design elements such as font consistency, type size, page layout, etc.
- Making PDF edits, tracking changes in Word, and doing traditional hand mark-ups
- Work closely with copywriters, design team and other proofreaders
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience proofreading and editing long-form copy
- Ability to proof with 100% accuracy
- Familiarity with AP Style and Chicago Manual of Style
- B2B experience is a big plus!
Why you’ll want to work here:
- Energetic and collaborative work environment (breakfast & pizza parties included!!)
- If you hit this contract out of the park, you’ll be invited to come back year after year for their 6+ month busy season
- A lot of opportunity for overtime…AKA time and a half!
Interested candidates MUST pass our proofreading test- please email any of the recruiters below, and we’d be happy to send you one!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to Nina@thesmartdept.com.