This position will be responsible for interpreting written and verbal direction into visual solutions. They will partner closely with the Art Director and the Concept Art team to generate a variety of thumbnail sketches, color studies, and production ready visual targets. You should be an avid gamer and keep up to date with the latest shooter games and have a passion for the Gears of War franchise and science fiction genre. Candidates must be able to execute concepts in a wide variety of styles that fit the product tone and to various degrees of detail that fit within the production timelines. The Concept Artist will also liaison with the design team to ensure the proposed ideas are meeting the game play requirements.
- Translate written and verbal direction into visual solutions.
- Work closely with design to ensure concepts are meeting game play expectations.
- Explore multiple solutions for a single problem.
- Over paint white box environments for model/texture artists.
- Generate orthographic drawings for model/texture artists.
- Work closely with the Project Art Manager to ensure tasks are tracked accurately.
- Design background (film, tv, or games);
- Ability to design your way out of a problem;
- Experience with environmental and lighting design;
- 5+ years experience in video game production or equivalent;
- Previous experience working on the Gears of War franchise is an advantage;
- Deep understanding of color, tone, and lighting;
- Deep understanding of composition and visual storytelling;
- Can design for a wide variety of styles (photo-realistic, highly stylized, etc.);
- Highly collaborative and value feedback and direction;
- Interested in pop culture and trend watching;
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.