The smartdept is in search of an Art Director for a rapidly growing agency in Seattle, WA. Working out of their Pioneer Square office, the AD will be overseeing the artistic development of marketing and promotional pieces, including digital (website, display, email, social, etc.) and internal and external agency publications.
In this role, you'll also be supervising teams of designers, copywriters, illustrators, production artists and other freelance creatives. In addition to having strong leadership skills, you'll need to have a design background and knowledge of software applications, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and PowerPoint.
If this sounds like something you can do, then please keep reading!
- Deliver direct contribution to creative development and execution across all of the agency’s clients
- Assist with creative development as well as leverage and version existing assets according to project guidelines
- Consistently and appropriately apply brand standards, typography, photography, color and other elements
- Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- Work with the creative team to develop original graphic content for the company’s website, social media pages and other marketing materials
- Communicate with senior management to develop an aesthetic and brand that reflects the company’s core values and ideals
- Review graphic materials to assess their validity and appropriateness for our brand
- Maintain graphic consistency across all deliverables
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of industry experience and department management experience
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision
- A solid knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs: Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- A portfolio that shows your work
- Passion for design and eagerness to continually elevate the creative product
- A willingness to work within predefined format/specs while still providing optional executions for consideration
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
- A solid understanding of online and offline production
- Experience with web design/development
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to Nina@thesmartdept.com.