The smartdept.inc. is in search of an Associate Designer with a strong emphasis in creating designs and concepts for our client located in downtown Chicago. This is a 6 month contract opportunity working with a leading multi-brand technology solutions provider.
The ideal candidate will come with at least 2-4 years of experience in graphic design. The designer will need to have a high level of creativity, innovation and be able to communicate their ideas to various teams.
What you'll do:
• Design and production of files for social, ads, presentations, PDFs and other forms of print and digital communication
• Create, edit, publish, and share meaningful content that fosters relationships with potential prospects and encourages action and engagement
• Plan, innovate, analyze and create visual solutions to illustrate the employer's brand
• Develop overall layout and production design of publications or web interfaces as they relate to graphic design
• Prepare sketches or layouts to present to internal stakeholders
• Develop, innovate and support social media strategy to expand our online reach and maximize online engagement with an already established audience
• Create captivating images and use effective storytelling to create unified social media campaigns for various social media channels including Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
• Proficiency and understanding of social media channels and current trends
• Quick and efficient post-production editing to effectively tell the right story to our audience. Edit video content in lengths from 15 seconds to long form and ensure they meet brand guidelines
• Maintain an organized post-production process including asset management, project management, and post-production review.
• Generate video content for social media, YouTube and overall brand videos, testimonials, etc.
• Incorporation of graphical overlays as well as photography. Help evolve/innovate the graphic design used across our videos.
• Experiment with new tech and editing techniques.
• Ability to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise
What you'll need:
• Associate degree in design and/or certificate in graphic design required; bachelor’s degree in design or related field preferred
• 2-4 years’ experience in graphic design required
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving ability. Able to present creative ideas based on a few guidelines or thoughts.
• Ability to utilize various forms of media, including print, digital and video
• Ability to visualize in 2D and 3D and understand aesthetic aspects of design
• Ability to create motion graphics is preferred
• Previous experience using the computer to create layouts and generate new images
• Strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Acrobat) and/or other graphics software
• Experience with HTML for the development and editing of banners and email is preferred
• Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.