The smartdept is in search of a Communications Specialist to work for a well-established professional services firm in Chicago, IL. If you’re ready to up your game as part of a world-class marketing communications team, please keep reading!
We’re looking for a strong writer with a background in PR as well as internal and corporate marketing communications to create internal communications materials that promote employee engagement and a positive corporate culture. You’ll also support public relations and coordinate marketing events and sponsorships.
What you’ll do:
- Writer internal communications that drive employee engagement like company memos, weekly emails, quarterly newsletter and intranet postings
- Review and edit content submitted by other departments to follow brand style and voice
- Create content for the intranet site, digital signage and LCD screens
- Monitors communication channels to ensure content is fresh and current
- Write and edit press releases and other corporate communication
- Track and analyze media coverage
- Assists with planning and managing corporate events
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in PR and corporate communications
- Previous financial services experience helpful but not required
- Strong fluency in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Public Relations Software (i.e. PRWeb).
- Knowledge of desktop publishing or basic graphic design skills helpful but not required.
- Strong writer, editor and proofreader.
- Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
- Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.