The smartdept is in search of a Conceptual Art Director to work for a well-known luxury brand located in the Chicago Loop. If you’re a strategic and conceptual thinker that enjoys pushing creative boundaries, keep reading!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for concepting innovative creative tools that will be used when pitching the client’s brands to National Account On-premise and Off-premise chains. You’ll also have the opportunity to strategize fresh ways to target diverse markets, creating programs that draw in and excite consumers! Must be up to date on current trends and have knowledge of current digital/social activation possibilities.
On-Premise: You’ll work closely with the sales team to create memorable RFP presentations which highlight brand stories and differentiate the clients products. The goal is to encourage product placements of the client’s brands while fostering partnerships with their buyers.
Off-Premise: You’ll bridge knowledge of channel and brand to create account-specific activations, displays and packaging—securing placement and visibility in national retail accounts.
Overview of Role
As an Art Director, you will be a key part of the creative team, responsible for driving projects and key initiatives forward to help create world famous brand campaigns and programs. You are on top of trends, insatiably curious, and great at concepting. You have key design skills (such as designing within brand guidelines, clearly communicating messaging and creating impactful designs that push the envelope) to be able to bring your ideas to life. You show strategic potential and confidence in decision-making. You are able to quickly immerse in a client’s business, and partner with teams across the organization to achieve stated goals and objectives.
What You’ll Do:
- Executes all types of projects, ranging from multi-touchpoint concepts/ideas for specific accounts to selling tools and consumer-facing video content
- Creates concepts and designs solidifying our place as the ‘go-to’ business partner for clients (including knowledge of industry/consumer trends, competitive activity)
- Delivers total project ownership, with Associate Creative Director support, including:
- Working with a copywriter and designer (when applicable), generating effective ideas and campaigns
- Editing and executing client presentations
- Managing time and working within a budget
- Working with account team to facilitate communication with vendors and internal/external partners
- Coordinating specialists, such as editors and photographers, to bring ideas to life
- Successful execution of creative projects, producing exemplary presentations with fresh ideas on a consistent basis
- Demonstrates original thinking and brings ideas forward related to projects
(i.e. competitive, industry, trend learning & application)
- Shows ability to quickly immerse in brands and problem-solve
- Demonstration of active learning and development, exposing yourself to the latest trends, the competitive environment and fresh thinking
- 4 – 5 years of proven art director agency experience working on well-known brands
- Experience working with sales teams (understands their approach/needs)
- Knowledge of retail/shopper marketing (how one’s target consumers behave as shoppers, in different channels and formats)
- Ability to draw connections across multiple brands, with an ability to understand the big picture, and execute impactful creative
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, deadline-driven environment with multiple project priorities
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.