The smartdept. inc. is seeking a seasoned Content Marketing Strategist on behalf of a financial client to lead the editorial and promotional strategy for content, as well as define and enhance authority and relevance in organic search results. The Strategist role will collaborate across the organization, conduct analysis, providing expert recommendations and insights to ensure consistency with best practices to drive growth. The primary focus of this role will be to expand the public site digital footprint for initiatives and products representing multiple enterprise-wide stakeholders.
The position is a 4+ month contract, with the possibility to go full time. It will be based in Riverwoods, IL, and will have the flexibility to work from the Chicago office at least twice a week.
•Lead and develop content strategies to meet Discovers goals of driving significant increases in organic traffic to the site resulting in measurable growth across all relevant KPIs
•Proactive ideation, addressing key SEO focus areas – filling content gaps relative to competitive analysis, and critical review of new business and product initiatives.
•Build foundational relationships across a wide variety of key stakeholders by sharing content & technical expertise and recommendations.
•Provide editorial oversight of content created by multiple vendors. Be responsible for quality and consistency of brand values & personality and adherence to product positioning
•Create multi touch content strategies to attract, engage and retain customers
•Track and report against a variety of key performance indicators that demonstrate the effectiveness of content marketing
•Focus on driving existing customer engagement through organic optimization of customer targeted content
•Provide performance based forecasts and report against goals.
•Manage vendors, compliance, billing
•Create mobile opportunities for search by creating public app pages that can be indexed for search results
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 4+ years general digital marketing experience with 2+ years directly in the content marketing or editorial space
• Successful case studies of content strategies, syndication and media partnerships that drove results
• Experience using Omniture, BrightEdge (or similar) enterprise analytics software required
• Knowledge of SEO Best Practices
• Proven ability to analyze, aggregate, interpret and present data and recommendations to leaders
• Ability to identify actionable insights from large datasets
• Experience with blogging platforms, preferably WordPress management
• Proven track record independently leading complex projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable with speaking in front of a wide variety of audiences including company executives
• Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite, with advanced capabilities in Excel
• Promoting a risk-aware culture, ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
Ideal candidate will include the preferred skills mentioned below, will come from a digital marketing background of having managed a blog for a large brand, ideally in the financial industry. • Will have experience in video production.
• Ability to code HTML
• Experience in Social Media, Display and PPC a plus
• Experience with AEM (CMS) and WordPress
• Experience in a highly regulated industry optimizing large enterprise websites. Financial, Healthcare or Insurance industry a plus.
• Experience with key Search programs such as BrightEdge, Buzzsumo Webmaster Tools
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org