As copy supervisor, you are responsible for guiding the conceptual development and copy for a client(s) traditional and digital direct response products, recommends and executes work for area of responsibility and anticipates its impact. A copy supervisor must develop work that is conceptually rich and performance-driven to achieve marketing/strategic goals, while satisfy branding requirements of individual clients.
What you'll do:
- Show leadership in creating and executing fresh, innovative concepts that enhance response strategies and achieve client objectives.
- Ensure the development of consistently superior marketing materials that support established marketing strategies and projects.
- Develop and implement creative, technical and conceptual copy solutions which will meet client strategic planning objectives.
- Understand and implement a client's key strategic initiatives
- Work with Creative Directors, Senior Team members and client teams to create appropriate, workable ways to express and enhance the client’s communication needs. Mentor the junior creatives and Interns of the creative team.
- Guide the creative and account teams through creative conception, execution of concepts and departmental processes.
- Leverage direct response best practices to help our clients reach their strategic and targeting goals.
- Responsible for current knowledge and understanding of emerging trends and technologies and the ability to institute best practices for traditional and digital marketing products.
- Produce copy solutions that achieve the agency’s and clients’ desired results at a reasonable expenditure of time and resources.
- Show ability in creating and executing fresh, innovative concepts that enhance response strategies and achieve client objectives.
What you'll need:
- Inspire the creative department by leading creative conception and developing exceptional copy solutions that can be expressed through a variety of communication mediums.
- Provide strategic and creative leadership to clients.
- Must have a solid understanding of Microsoft Word.
- Have a general sense/understanding of branding, art direction and typography, and ideally have some knowledge of current design and advertising.
- Excellent conceptual and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
- Self-motivation and a positive interaction with a wide range of individuals is expected.
- Knowledge of principles and practices for all communication channels.
- Needs an understanding of the nuances and requirements for writing for Direct Mail, Online Display, Email, Social and Digital Experiences.
- Mentors others in creative department.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in copywriting, advertising, communications or ad school.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of professional copywriting experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and conceptual communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Overall knowledge of how to best write for print, web and social channels.
- Strong brand development experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.