smartdept.inc is in search of an experienced and strategic copywriter for their client located in Chicago. We are looking for a brand storyteller to help develop strategic messaging that helps the people our client's serve to articulate their core value, connect authentically with their audiences, launch new ideas and position themselves strategically in the market.
This is a full time opportunity.
what you'll do:
- Develop clear value propositions and core messaging that strategically define ideas, brands and initiatives.
- Develop names for new products, companies, events and campaigns.
- Write compelling, authentic and confident copy for presentations, print collateral, digital media, brand guidelines and videos.
- Edit and proof copy with 99% accuracy on-the-fly from strategic internal documents, reports, collateral and presentations.
- Clearly and effectively communicate on the phone, in person and especially in writing.
- Collaborate with strategic designers and creative strategists to thoughtfully develop and execute strategic communications.
what you'll need:
- Be a strong and proven brand writer with at least 5+ years of experience developing core messaging, unique value propositions and big ideas that shape how organizations communicate in the world.
- Have most of your experience in one or more of the following: start-ups, B2B industries, social impact organizations versus B2C and traditional advertising.
- Be good at conducting research, from developing thoughtful parameters with which to explore a community, demographic, industry, topic or area to applying creative approaches to uncovering insights that strategically inform writing and strategy.
- Have experience communicating with diverse audiences, understand the value of inclusion and have experience working on projects that focus on diverse demographics and lifestyles.
- Excel at using presentations, i.e. Powerpoint or Keynote, to tell stories.
- Understand and be an advocate for the importance of branding with purpose in a rapidly-evolving, low trust climate.
- Be affable, confident and engaging, but humble and approachable.
- Have worked in a small company and/or a small team in a large company and prefer it.
- Have a keen and recognizable ability to listen, absorb and make sense of all types of business and cultural dynamics.
- Thrive in a fluid and ever-changing environment—navigating various projects, deadlines and people in any given day.
- Be ever curious, about yourself, others and the world around you.
- Be looking for an opportunity to learn, grow and challenge yourself.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.