The smartdept is in search of an Exhibits Coordinator to work for an association client located in Arlington Heights, IL. If you’re interested in event planning, logistics and execution, and have stellar organizational and customer services skills, this is just the gig for you!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for coordinating the planning and execution of exhibits related projects, which will include the communications, marketing, promotional opportunities, and sales support for our client’s annual meeting, clinical symposia and other events. You’ll also be repsonsible for providing high-level customer service for all exhibitors and prospects while maintaining a focus on identifying and building new industry partnerships.
This role will also have a strong operations/admin component, and tasks could include the following: processing orders, working with general contractors, creating booth spaces, and reviewing proofs of renderings and spaces.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct review and publication of exhibitor marketing materials and information, to include but not limited to website copy, emails, social media posts, exhibitor prospectus and other promotional materials.
- Work in conjunction with the exhibits team in the fulfillment of the online space assignment for the annual meeting to include related exhibitor communications, facilitating booth assignments and confirmations.
- Assist in maintaining financial records for the annual scientific meeting and clinical symposia, including payment processing, comparison reports, and financial reconciliations.
- Work directly with general services contractor and service providers to collect and publish detailed exhibitor services manual for the society’s annual meeting.
- Coordinate and promote the collection of exhibitor information to be published in the online directory and program guide for distribution to attendees at the societies’ annual meeting.
- Assist exhibits team with coordination of logistical details for exhibit hall planning, to including but not limited to meeting specs, signage fulfillment, registration services and providing communication to internal stakeholders.
- Work with Communications Department for the maintenance of exhibitor information on the society’s website and annual meeting websites.
- Assist the Exhibits Manager onsite at the society’s meetings to oversee exhibitor registration and exhibit hall vendors, while providing high-level customer service and support to exhibitors for a successful meeting.
- Assist in order tracking and fulfillment of branding and advertising opportunities as they relate to the society’s meetings.
- Assist in maintaining database with current exhibit and sponsor contacts throughout the year.
- Assist in developing the annual meeting security services schedule; work directly with the security vendor and internal stakeholders to finalize security needs for the society’s meetings.
- Associates degree required
- Approx. 2-3 years related experience
- CMP, CMM or CEM preferred
- Event planning experience
This is a temp-to-perm opportunity, with the freelance portion lasting 3 months prior to a full-time conversion.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.