You will use object-oriented programming to work with the Java server-side programming, and use your knowledge of SQL to write scripts and procedures that interact with the Oracle database. You will work closely with the Website Architecture Team that maintains the Java Spring MVC framework underlying the website.
This is a full-time, freelance role working on-site for 6 months.
- Develop new pages and features like landing pages, emails, and promotions
- Address front end bugs that impact customers
- Work with other front end developers to make complex changes to our site layout, features, and content
- Work alongside our creative and UI/UX teams to design and implement attractive and rich UI features
- Utilize Git repositories for maintaining branches of the website source code
- Develop SQL scripts for maintaining information in the database
- Understand project requirements and work with project managers to put together accurate time estimates
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Software development experience; 2+ years working with an object-oriented programming language.
- Familiarity with version control code repositories. Experience with Git is preferred.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming, service oriented architectures, MVC design patterns. Experience with Spring MVC is preferred.
- Strong communication skills; you will be working with a variety of business leaders throughout the company.
- Experience developing and maintaining database-driven websites.
- Experience developing responsive websites.
- Experience working with an Agile SCRUM methodology is preferred.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.