Smartdept.inc is hiring a full time contract role for our client who reports to the Associate Director of Front End Development. As a Front End Developer, you will be an important member of their core development team responsible for developing, maintaining and updating best-in-class websites, emails and other web-based products for a variety of clients. You will help build shape their internal build tools, processes and techniques.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with project managers, designers, strategists and the account team in an effort to unite great ideas with great execution for the benefit of our clients.
- Manage and execute clients’ website updates including graphics, copy, SEO and programming changes across frameworks and static HTML pages/templates
- Implementation and testing of analytics tracking methods and conversions
- Work with the design teams to build and refine graphic designs for websites
- Ability to convert raw images/layouts provided by our designers into themes
- Maintain a constant dialogue with the project management team to make sure development work is on time and tracking properly
- Communicate to project managers with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays
- Manage and execute Responsive Web Design projects for our clients
- Create responsive email templates for delivery across all major mail clients and devices
- Create and maintain Flash animations
- Deliver cross-browser/device uniformity and error free functionality with progressive enhancements
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities
- Maintain up to date weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy
What You’ll Need
- Attitude & Commitment – you are a passionate, resourceful and productive achiever that is a pleasure to be around
- Must have working knowledge of Photoshop or equivalent application(s)
- Priority Setting – you define clear action steps and manage expectations of others
- Creative Thinking & Problem Solving – you recognize the relevancy of your ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking and make an impact on your team
- Dependability – you are self-motivated to deliver the highest quality work, on time and budget
- Leadership Ability – you take initiative, motivate others and assume accountability for your actions
- Communication – you use organized, constructive communication to facilitate great work
- self-starter, share your ideas, work hard and have a sense of humor.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- 4-6 years of front end development experience (agency experience preferred)
- Experience with responsive builds required
- 4-6 years of CMS theming experience
- Email template development experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Git, Sass and Photoshop preferred
- Extensive experience in responsive builds, including handling different browser capabilities and properly optimizing for touch devices.
- Capable of creating themes within different CMS environments.
- Working knowledge of Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal and Tumblr
- Working knowledge of modern front-end workflows: Vagrant, Git, Gulp, Sass and Gitlab preferred
- Experience working with PSD preferred
- Experience writing and deploying email templates is preferred
- Understanding that a good site performance is a must-have and your code that reflects that is preferred
- Basic understanding of PHP and MySQL.
- UX skills are preferred, but not required
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.