The smartdept is looking for a Front End Web Developer with strong UI chops for a freelance opportunity in Lincolnshire, IL! This is a great opportunity to work as a part of the creative design team with a major corporate client to leverage your skills to produce high level electronic projects.
As the first UI/UX hire within a growing business unit within our client, you will be trusted with overall creative ownership of our user experience function, including visual design, UI, interaction design, and information architecture. You will collaborate closely with Product Management and Marketing Leaders, and expected to defend design choices backed with industry standards, research and data.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with product managers, marketers, users, and other stakeholders to understand and capture persona, user journey, and pain points
- Translating concepts into static artifacts and high fidelity mockups
- Building prototypes or click-through’s that capture key interactive user experience
- Presenting and defending your ideas and design choices backed with industry standards, research and data
- Thoughtfully leading design rounds incorporating team feedback
- Bachelor’s degree, 5+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer
- Portfolio demonstrating prowess designing websites and software applications
- Proficient in Axure, Balsamiq, or equivalent prototype and mockup tools
- Live and breathe Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint
- Great sense of typography and color theory
- Must be able to optimize websites for mobile.
- Needs working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Experienced in Google Analytics or Omniture for measurement and interpretation.
- Solid background in blocking sites from SEO and indexing.
- Ability to test web functionality, suggest and implement process improvements for web quality assurance (QA).
- 5+ years experience a must.
- (Optional Plus) Keen photographic eye, video editing experience
This is a 6 month full-time contract in Lincolnshire, IL. Interested candidates must be able to work on-site throughout the entire contract duration.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.