smartdept.inc currently seeking a talented and motivated retail graphic designer for a client in Elgin! The ideal candidate is comfortable and knowledgeable at all stages of the graphic design process and eager to learn more about design, engineering, and manufacturing.
Must have ability to take project from a conceptual design phase, detailed production release and prototyping. Clients include Ace Hardware, Walgreens, PetSmart, True Value, Weber, Craftsman, Dollar Zone, Jim Beam, Tire Rack and more.
What you'll do:
- Ability to create visual concepts, by hand and using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers
- Clearly define a customer’s needs and translate them into executable results
- Skill level to design and create projects using technical and creative skills in color and space planning
- Understanding of basic printing and manufacturing methods and materials
- Sketching proficiency
What you'll need:
- Must be proficient in Adobe CS6 programs including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of 3D CAD (Sketch-Up, Fusion) with the ability to quickly create computer models and prototypes
- Knowledge of metal and wood manufacturing processes preferred
- Ability to work within required time lines
- Effective communicator and an energetic self-starter
Minimum of 5+ years design and production experience and/or Bachelor’s Degree.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.