smartdept.inc is in search of a Mid-Level Graphic Designer for a client of ours located in Vernon Hills. This is a direct hire opportunity. The ideal candidate will have 3 years minimum marketing experience and be a creative, unique thinker with outstanding typographic skills, able to design for a wide variety of media, and able to execute from start to finish.
As a Mid-Level Graphic Designer you will be responsible supporting day-to-day design needs for the Marketing Department, implementing design solutions that are on-brand, while meeting the goals of the business. This role will be hands-on, working directly with the Marcom Manager and discipline marketing managers on cross-functional marketing & product campaigns. Qualified candidates will not only have a higher than proficient working knowledge of graphic design tools, web design, but will also possess an overall interest in augmenting the team in the capacity of concepting, writing for video/film production.
what you'll do:
- Conceives, designs and produces digital design solutions for all product launches and assigned design projects.
- Utilizes and demonstrates knowledge of current trends in digital and print technology: Designs to enhance the user’s experience with unique design solutions.
- Uses own original and creative thinking to develop concepts and finished design solutions from rough ideas, based on the customers’ needs and positioning of the product. Must be able to present creative concepts to internal clients and external clients if needed.
- Leads photo and video shoots through planning and execution stages. Works with the Marcom Manager to ensure all photography produced illustrates the goal of the project and reflects appropriate branding.
- Works with Marcom Manager and internal clients to ensure feasibility of designs, budgets, functional needs (digital, brand communications, print) and overall needs.
- Collaborates effectively cross-functionally with Creative, US Marketing Team, and Global Creative Team, photographers, and third-party vendors/agencies.
- Provides production of visual communication media for web and print.
- Performs other ad hoc and related tasks and duties as required.
what you'll need:
- BA in Graphic Design
- 3 years minimum marketing experience working on projects from start to finish—preferably experience in healthcare, science, and medicine.
- A superb portfolio of previous work demonstrating higher than proficient typography skill.
- Exceptional concepting skills.
- Strong experience in producing a wide range of marketing collateral.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Experience working with agencies or design team.
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite of products.
- Experience with motion graphics & interactive design media helpful
- Online best practices knowledge for web, email template and search engine optimization helpful
- Proficiency & knowledge of hands-on photography (capturing one’s own images) helpful
- Experience with and understanding of cross-cultural differences and the ability to work within this environment is crucial for successful employment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.