The smartdept is in search of a part-time Graphic Designer to work for a great agency in Chicago, IL. We're looking for a talented designer for a 60-to-90 day engagement at about 20-30 hours a week. Some of the work can be completed remotely, but they do want someone to be onsite at least once a week to integrate with the team. The office is located off of the Blue Line, in the West Town neighborhood.
- 5+ years of solid design experience in both print and web
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of working within established brand standards and the ability to move easily between brands
- Experience building a brand from conception through execution
- Experience creating dynamic PPT presentations that demonstrate a strong ability to synthesize and articulate complex ideas through visual storytelling
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop primarily), with a basic understanding of CSS/HTML, any proficiency in AfterEffects or PremierPro a plus
- Demonstrate expertise in print production (gathering quotes, selecting paper, various print techniques, etc.)
- Be fast-working, well-spoken, professional, dependable, and highly-collaborative
Your portfolio or samples should include:
- 2-3 proven examples of thinking strategically about design
- Demonstrate strong layout and design skills (long-format publications, one-sheeters, etc.)
- 2-3 examples of proficiency creating vector graphics (infographics, icons, etc.)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.