Freelance opportunity with a corporate client located in the city! 6 month contract with the potential for extensions or a conversion to full-time.
Title: Interactive Designer -eComm
Responsible for producing design project work. Ensures branding standards are consistent and maintained across design projects. Works with Project Manager/Production Coordinator on timely and accurate delivery of creative assets and files across group.
Executes semi-complex web-based promotions, page layouts, and other creative assets under the guidance of Sr. Designer, or Associate Creative Director, and Creative Director.
- Creates, develops and executes quality art and design layout solutions for complex on-line content, including but not limited to promotions, page layouts and other creative assets
- Ensures designs are within the specifications and concepts determined by the Sr. Designer, art director, or creative director
- Ensures branding standards are consistent, maintained and in-line with design and brand standards across brand digital touch points in order to maintain corporate identity
- Participates in meetings facilitated by business area or project initiator to understand the goals and objectives throughout the stages of a project
- Executes artistic design and layout solutions with proficiency and artistry, including icons, color schemes, interface features and transitions
- Collaborates with manager, designers, writers and other team members to ensure the appropriate concepts, themes and messages are conveyed and represented effectively and consistently for the business objectives and audience(s)
- Maintains knowledge on current design standards and tools in order to consistently and effectively convey the company’s image and maintain/increase positioning in the marketplace
- Mentors and coaches less experienced team members
- Participates in meeting with internal/external and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned areas
- Manages timelines, milestones, and internal details on project work to ensure timely delivery for project work
- Participates in evaluating and recommending new procedures and equipment in order to more efficiently and effectively complete project assignments
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Visual Arts and at least 2 years experience working as a Graphic Designer or above OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 5 years experience working as a Graphic Designer or above
- At least 2 years experience working on marketing, and/or advertising projects
- Advanced level skill with Adobe Illustrator (for example: including working with the paintbrush tool, advanced transparency, managing symbols, creating 3-d effects, working with live effects, working with graphic styles, adding effects, saving and printing options, creating outlines, and creating flash animations)
- Advanced level skill with Photoshop (for example: including creating website graphics, working with gradients, working with perspective, adding artistic filters, working with shapes, filtering, removing a background, using photo merge, and managing color)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Experience working at an Agency as a Graphic Designer
- Experience communicating ideas to business owners, stakeholders and senior management in order to persuade, gain acceptance, or sell
- Experience working in ecommerce
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.