The smartdept is in search of an Internal Communications Manager to work for a global company in Lincolnshire, IL. Reporting to the Senior Director of Technology and Real Estate Communications, you will implement employee communication strategies on a massive scale.
Beyond being someone with exceptional consulting, writing and storytelling skills, we're looking for someone who demonstrates versatility, creativity and flexibility. If this sounds like you, then please keep reading!
What you’ll do:
• Maintain an editorial calendar, working closely with internal communication team members
• Coordinate day-to-day management of email communications, mobile app updates, intranet site and team communication mailbox
• Help enforce related internal communications protocols, standards and policies
• Create and maintain internal distribution lists
• Track impact and measure success of communication efforts, and develop monthly communication metrics reports for leadership
• Carry a significant writing workload, creating a wide range of communication deliverables —including face-to-face, video, voice, online, social —to engage and inform all levels of colleagues
• Research, assess, and implement innovative communications tools and methods to accomplish internal communications objectives and tactics
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (Journalism, Communication, Organizational Development, English, Business)
• 4-6 years of relevant communication experience across multiple platforms and channels
• Proven written and oral communication skills. An outstanding writer and editor, the ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional presentation skills and the ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility at multiple levels. Proficient in AP style.
• Strong experience communicating technical and financial concepts to a broad employee population
• Demonstrated organizational, project management and presentation skills; change management experience a plus (LaMarsh, Prosci)
• Able to balance multiple priorities and work well independently
• Ability to effectively collaborate with coworkers and subject matter experts in a matrixed environment
• Microsoft Office proficiency required
• SharePoint and Yammer a plus
*This is a full-time, 6 month contract requiring candidates to work on-site in Lincolnshire
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.