The smartdept. inc. is in search of a contract Marketing Specialist to join a corporate retailer in Deerfield, IL. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the execution of integrated marketing programs for projects that support product/service profit objectives, driving demand for our clients offerings through unique and competitive retail positioning.
What you will do:
- Develop strategic marketing briefs to ensure the attainment of business objectives, marketing objectives, sales goals, customer goals and vendor agreements.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners to develop media, secure approval, communicate status and achieve production deadlines (e.g. mass advertising, promotional programs, microsites, social media, direct marketing and event strategies).
- Develops and maintain marketing project schedules and status reports; obtains cost estimates; and tracks actual expenses.
- Provide the creative staff and agencies with clear project direction on target audience, customer insights, marketing objectives and value proposition.
- Perform ongoing audits of existing project material to ensure consistency of messaging, adherence to brand guidelines, compliance and product/service accuracy.
- Collaborate to develop a set of measurement criteria to pinpoint effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics on sales, retention and satisfaction. Monitors results.
- Maintain knowledge of retail capabilities, customer needs, internal operations processes and competitive maneuvers
- Bachelor’s Degree OR HS Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of marketing experience such as product marketing, advertising, creative services or customer insights.
- Experience collaborating with internal resources and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience presenting and reporting on project plans and cost benefit analyses to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm CST
- Location: Deerfield, Ill
- Experience with digital channel marketing helpful
- Experience with marketing project management and process helpful
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.