The smartdept. inc. is in search of a Packaging Engineer to work for a global agency in Redmond, WA.
You will support the Packaging Development Engineering team, which is part of a larger global team (PAC) also including Packaging Design, Packaging Program Management & Content and Packaging Manufacturing Readiness. In addition to working with members of the PAC team (can be located in Redmond, China and Ireland), this position may interface with external suppliers/designers or distribution centers and internal teams such as release management, marketing and logistics.
- Provide package engineering support for new and sustaining programs.
- Create and maintain component specifications, assembly instructions, and pallet assembly instructions.
- Support and/or drive packaging process analysis and improvements (e.g., specification tools and templates, metrics, configuration management tools, supplier requirements around specifications).
- Work with internal packaging engineers and designers and external suppliers to create and maintain packaging designs.
- Prototype packaging samples for evaluation and testing.
- Conduct preliminary drop and vibration testing.
- Calculate environmental impact of packaging.
- S. Degree in Packaging, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency with software to create and maintain packaging specifications including: ArtiosCAD and/or AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint), CAPE or TOPS. Experience using SolidWorks is a plus.
- Understanding of product development and configuration management processes.
- Understanding and application of technical packaging principles, theories and concepts.
- Understanding of packaging materials, their properties and conversion processes (e.g., rigid box, corrugated, paperboard, labels, and fabricated/expanded foam).
- Working knowledge of packaging lab equipment (cutting table, drop tester, vibration table) is a plus.
Minimum 3 month contract, with possibility of extension.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.