The smartdept. inc is in search of a Packaging Engineer for a global client based in Redmond, Wa. If you have experience in the packaging development space and proficiency in CAD software then this is the role for you--
What you’ll do:
Support the Packaging Development Engineering team, which is part of a larger global team including: Packaging Design, Packaging Program Management & Content and Packaging Manufacturing Readiness. In addition to working with members of the PAC team -- located in Redmond, China and Ireland -- this position may interface with external suppliers/designers or distribution centers and internal teams such as release management, marketing and logistics. 3month minimum contract.
- Provide package engineering support for new and sustaining programs.
- Create and maintain component specifications, assembly instructions, and pallet assembly instructions.
- Support and/or drive packaging process analysis and improvements (e.g., specification tools and templates, metrics, configuration management tools, supplier requirements around specifications).
- Work with internal packaging engineers and designers and external suppliers to create and maintain packaging designs.
- Prototype packaging samples for evaluation and testing.
- Conduct preliminary drop and vibration testing.Calculate environmental impact of packaging.
- S. Degree in Packaging, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency with software to create and maintain packaging specifications including: ArtiosCAD and/or AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint), CAPE or TOPS. Experience using SolidWorks is a plus.
- Understanding of product development and configuration management processes.
- Understanding and application of technical packaging principles, theories and concepts.
- Understanding of packaging materials, their properties and conversion processes (e.g., rigid box, corrugated, paperboard, labels, and fabricated/expanded foam).
- Working knowledge of packaging lab equipment (cutting table, drop tester, vibration table) is a plus.
3+ Month Contract
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.