The smartdept. inc is in search of a Packaging Engineer for a managed vendor client for Microsoft based out of their Redmond, Wa campus. If you have experience in the packaging development space and proficiency in CAD software then keep reading!
What you’ll do:
Support the Packaging Development Engineering team, which is part of a larger global team including: Packaging Design, Packaging Program Management & Content and Packaging Manufacturing Readiness. In addition to working with members of the PAC team -- located in Redmond, China and Ireland -- this position may interface with external suppliers/designers or distribution centers and internal teams such as release management, marketing and logistics. 3month minimum contract.
- Provide package engineering support for new and sustaining programs.
- Create and maintain component specifications, assembly instructions, and pallet assembly instructions.
- Support and/or drive packaging process analysis and improvements (e.g., specification tools and templates, metrics, configuration management tools, supplier requirements around specifications).
- Work with internal packaging engineers and designers and external suppliers to create and maintain packaging designs.
- Prototype packaging samples for evaluation and testing.
- Conduct preliminary drop and vibration testing.Calculate environmental impact of packaging.
- S. Degree in Packaging, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency with software to create and maintain packaging specifications including: ArtiosCAD and/or AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint), CAPE or TOPS. Experience using SolidWorks is a plus.
- Understanding of product development and configuration management processes.
- Understanding and application of technical packaging principles, theories and concepts.
- Understanding of packaging materials, their properties and conversion processes (e.g., rigid box, corrugated, paperboard, labels, and fabricated/expanded foam).
- Working knowledge of packaging lab equipment (cutting table, drop tester, vibration table) is a plus.
- Temp - To- Hire Contract
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.