smartdept.inc is in seeking a Partner Specialist to work with a multi-brand technology solutions provider for their Chicago and Lincolnshire offices! This is a contract position through March of 2020 with the potential to convert to full-time.
As the Partner Specialist, you will support Account Managers with the Microsoft product line by driving awareness and co-managing pipeline. The Partner Specialist will have direct day-to-day contact with the sales force and is also responsible for informing Account Managers on the technologies and resources available to them. The Partner Specialist will also work with technical groups (including Advisors, Specialists and Operations teams) as well as MICROSOFT Partner Development Managers (PDMs).
what you'll do:
- Tracking of sales interactions.
- Collaboratively work with MICROSOFT Pre-Sales and Account Managers in a given geography to identify, facilitate and close opportunities
- Assist in training of Account Managers.
- Identify ways to increase partner profitability through program utilization and solution selling.
- Achieve assigned revenue and profit goals that align to company objectives in assigned region
- Assist partners to execute to the mutually agreed upon strategies between the partner through sales awareness activities.
- Identify tools for increasing Account Manager productivity.
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objectives.
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
what you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years’ experience in technology sales or pre-sales consultation
- 1 year experience in sales and/or marketing
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Proven group presentations skills
- Motivated and self-starting
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
- Excellent analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to understand data finding to draw conclusions an develop actionable recommendations
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objectives
- Applicant should demonstrate solid attention to detail with a penchant for accuracy
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as necessary to other locations or client sites
- Experience in technology sales
- Relevant partner technical certifications
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.