The smartdept. is in search of a freelance Photo Coordinator for a major retailer in Seattle, WA! This is a hands-on role supporting the client’s marketing, packaging, digital and e-commerce departments.
As the Photo Coordinator, you'll be researching and building creative briefs, managing project plans, and maintaining the schedules, communications and deliverables for all projects.
If you’re looking for a fantastic opportunity to launch your career with a nationally recognized company, then please keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate creative and scheduling of photo shoots for packaging design, marketing, apparel, publishing and e-commerce departments
- Assist with the concepting and production of creative briefs for various products
- Review and analyze project submissions for photo shoots, advising on feasibility and establishing cost and timeline estimates
- Post art files advising photo team of dielines and copy area from graphics teams
- Determine apparel styling and/or prop styling at photo shoots
- Manage photography service invoices
- Transport samples between buying teams and on campus photo studio
- Maintain spreadsheets, project calendars, style guides and vendor lists.
- Manage contact with pre approved outside services- photographers, stylists, talent and location scouts
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of related photo experience
- Understanding of image needs for packaging and/or print media
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Google Sheets
- Understanding of product photography, copyrights, file formats and print usage
- Good organization skills, time-management and scheduling abilities
- Strong research skills
- An eye for detail and an understanding of retouch and prepress procedures
- Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and open to taking direction
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to Sara@thesmartdept.com.