The smartdept is in search of a Photo Retoucher to work for a global marketing team in Elgin, IL. We’re looking for a Photoshop expert to finalize images for post-production. You’ll retouch images for catalogs, as well as digital campaigns based on the style guide and specific art direction for each shoot.
This is a full-time role working on-site in Elgin, IL. The location is Metra accessible.
What you’ll do:
- Use Photoshop to retouch images
- Work with the Art Director to understand technical and creative retouching needs
- Remove tone from product silo shot backgrounds, and create convincing product shadows or reflections from source files
- Use advanced retouching techniques and compositing skills to complete the illusion that modular studio sets are other environments
- Strictly follow photo studio naming conventions and workflows within the digital asset management software and server file structures
- 4+ years commercial photography experience as a retoucher, or closely related experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Solid understanding of non-destructive editing, color profiling and color management.
- Ability to perform advanced Photoshop techniques quickly and efficiently through keyboard shortcuts, actions, etc.
- Ability to draw from an extensive set of retouching skills to provide solutions to creative and technical problems.
- Extreme attention to detail and organized workflow, while prioritizing multiple projects concurrently.
- A keen aesthetic derived from traditional education or training in the visual arts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration.
- Bachelors degree in photography, graphic design, or a closely related field.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.