The smartdept.inc. is in search of an Graphic Designer with a strong emphasis in Print Production for our client located in Issaquah, Wa. This is a 3 month+ opportunity working with a national retailer. The Graphic Designer will work closely with our client’s creative development team, project coordinators and managers to create materials in partnership with a diverse variety of departments.
Required skills and abilities:
- Formal training at an accredited graphic design school.
- Minimum 2 years of professional graphic design and production experience.
- Portfolio samples that demonstrate expertise and proficiency in print design, prepress and production techniques.
- Demonstrates effective use and understanding of visual design, page layout and typography.
- Strong ability to conceptualize ideas and provide design solutions that are on brief with coaching and mentoring from Art Director
- Strong understanding of print production and the ability to come up with creative concepts and execute those concepts through production and final output.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) on Macintosh platform.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, able to handle several projects at once.
- Self-motivated and able to set priorities.
- Ability to follow established processes and procedures, and adapt as they change and evolve.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, at all company levels.
- Exhibits enthusiasm and the ability to take direction and criticism well.
- Exhibits a proactive approach to problem solving and collaboration.
- Understanding of when to seek advice and the ability to ask questions.
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver under extremely tight deadlines.
- Ability to switch gears quickly. Flexible shifting back and forth between design and production assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work in a distracting environment.
- Ability to make folding comps.
Recommended skills and abilities:
- Experience in the Google suite
- Project Management software knowledge and understanding
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.