smartdept. inc. is in search of a full-time, freelance Production Artist to work for a global agency in West Chicago, IL.
We're looking for someone who is a technician at heart, but also has the basic design sense to handle simple graphic projects with minimal direction. In addition to a solid level of technical skill with Adobe Creative Suite, efficiency, flexibility and versatility are highly valued.
While design skills are welcome, this is not a design position, but strictly a production job to work with preexisting layouts and take design direction from Art/Creative Directors. The role requires a high degree of focus and extreme diligence in handling detail, typography and creating accurate page layouts.
This is a 6-week, full-time assignment working onsite in West Chicago, IL.
What you'll do:
- Produce multiple versions of direct mail, packages or collateral using InDesign layers, master pages, Paragraph and Character Styles
- Keep all versions organized, labeled and filed according to preset process file-naming standards
- Communicate with Creative Director, Art Director, Copywriter, Studio Director or Account Executive throughout multiple rounds of file revisions
- Understand and adhere to U.S. Postal regulations and press/production guidelines as they apply to direct mail
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, production or related field.
- Agency, prepress or printing facility experience highly preferred
- Experience in production is a must; with direct mail, mastery of print collateral, email, digital design, web graphics, sales promotion and dimensional printed materials is a plus
- Understanding of the graphic and photo reproduction process to troubleshoot problematic graphics, photos, layouts and unexpected challenges prior to release
- Ability to preflight PSD email layouts to be sent to developers
- Working knowledge of 2C to 4C print process to properly set up electronic files for reproduction
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.