smartdept.inc is searching for a Production Artist for a leading independent publications company located in the western suburbs of Chicago. The ideal candidate will come with 2-3 years of experience, be detail-oriented, and LOVE Book. This is a full-time and on-going contract position.
what you'll do:
• must technically savvy and thoroughly proficient using the Macintosh OSX
platform, proficient in InDesign CC, Illustrator, Photoshop, and various Adobe
• Demonstrate strong typography skills
• Create visually appealing cover layouts
• Experience in print book production, cover design, and applying text edits
• Knowledge of formatting files so they are print ready, exporting PDFs, ability
to review work for errors or inconsistencies across book series.
• Update print book files in InDesign CC for text changes and reformatting
cover files to printer templates
• Flow in digital text from editorial, correctly format all graphic elements;
prepare files for intermediate proofing and final digital files for print vendor
• Thorough understanding of file types and their attributes (EPS, INDD, PSD,
• Experience an image processing for color correction, retouching, and
• Ability to troubleshoot technical problems that may arise.
what you'll need:
• Creative, attentive to detail; ability to take direction and follow through.
• Detail – and deadline – oriented across multiple projects simultaneously.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Proven organizational skills
• Relevant work experience in Graphic Design, Typography, Visual
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.