The smartdept is in search of a Production Designer to work for a global financial services client located in Riverwoods, IL. If you’ve got strong production skills and a keen eye for design, this is just the gig for you!
In this position, you’ll be responsible for creating production-ready files and handling light design work for our client’s marketing communications. You’ll also have the opportunity to work across a variety or response-driven materials, formats, and media, while applying expertise in print and digital production.
What You’ll Do:
- Attend project briefings and collaborate with designers and Manager to make edits to existing projects and contribute to new design work when needed, both print and digital.
- Be a steward of the client’s Brand Standards and ensure designs have one brand and one voice across all media.
- Be an expert at the file release process and prepare production-ready files with accuracy, efficiency and an incredible eye for detail (both print and digital).
- Set up spec sheets, layers and packaged files. Work with quality control vendor to ensure file releases are flawless.
- Liaison with the production department, vendors and internal copy center to ensure files are set up appropriately.
- Apply production expertise with regard to different formats, unique di-lines, paper stocks and finishes.
- Manage time and produce consistently error-free files for multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Effectively disseminate client and legal changes and incorporate changes into creative, while complying with company/department requirements, policies and processes.
- Education Bachelor’s Degree of Advertising, Graphic Design or Marketing
- Minimum 3 years Production design experience, print and digital experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite all mediums: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- HTML5 familiarity (General understanding, not coding)
- AfterEffects/Gif animations
- Adobe XD/Sketch o Photoshop/retouching
- Microsoft Suite (Office, PowerPoint, Word)
- Advertising agency or internship experience preferred
- Workfront project management experience a plus
- Portfolio link demonstrating production expertise across a variety of channels and media
- Total Work Experience In lieu of Education 4-7 years total work experience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.