The smartdept.inc. is in search of a Production Specialist with a strong emphasis in pre-flighting for our client located in Deerfield, IL. This is a contract opportunity working with a global retailer. In this role you will preflight layout files for printing, troubleshoot files for production and color correct and/or retouch images if necessary in a fast pace environment. There may be minimal layout work in InDesign, but no conceptual work.
What You’ll Do:
- Creates production-ready files for vendors. Setup and pre-flight of all production files. Ensures files are formatted to exact technical specifications according to the printer’s job quote. Responsible for staying up-to-date with current standards, systems and latest print technology. Trouble shoots and problem solving technical issues that may arise.
- Utilizes technical expertise to maintain print integrity of all printed marketing material.
- Works with print vendors to assess print quality, color, and consistency.
- Works with vendor and strategic sourcing to ensure production of high-impact, on-brand materials according to the printer’s job quote. Drives consistency and cost effectiveness by developing, maintaining and communicating material standards and process workflow.
- Educates and trains creative area to ensures department is up-to-date in the most advanced and current procedures and equipment to promote productivity and cost-effectiveness. Works directly with creative teams to develop, improve and maintain production workflows to maximize efficiency.
- Reviews, assess and develops production workflows within department to expedite processes and promote cost-effectiveness. Automates workflows and versioning when possible to reduce the possibility of errors and increase speed to market.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business and at least 3 years of experience performing prepress and creative production functions with a retail or marketing organization.
- Intermediate knowledge of Creative production workflows and applications such as Adobe Creative Suite. Ie. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Prepress experience creating, pre-flighting and releasing digital files to print vendors for live production.
- Experience with Macintosh operating systems.
- Familiarity with Creative workflow & processes
- Experience working with Print vendors to ensure quality output
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Office 2003 or later:
- Word (for example: creating and modifying text styles, numbering and sorting lists, working with sections and columns, formatting tables, and using templates and using diagrams and drawing tools),
- Excel (for example: formatting text and borders of cells, working with workbooks and worksheets, using range names, referencing cells, sorting, and auto filtering) and PowerPoint (for example: creating presentations, adding and removing slides, entering and formatting text, applying design templates, modifying masters, inserting graphics and objects, creating handouts).
- Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
- Experience managing print vendors
- Experience implementing online routing and approval workflows and applications
- Experience using Marketing Campaign Management Systems
- Experience automating & streamlining production workflows
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.