smartdept.inc is hiring a full-time Programmatic Trader for a boutique media firm located in downtown Chicago. The ideal candidate will be motivated and have an in-depth understanding of the digital advertising marketplace.
The media team is responsible for the strategy, execution, optimization, and reporting of digital and traditional ad campaigns. This position would manage the execution of various programmatic campaigns and will have the opportunity to work with all of their partners, understanding how their offerings will help support client objectives. You’ll be the programmatic expert who is able to discuss and answer business objectives both internally and externally with clients.
This candidate must embrace change, enjoys coming up with hypotheses and testing them out, has an innate comfort in mathematics, is an avid learner, able to synthesize outside information or ideas and apply them to client campaigns.
what you'll do:
- Self-Service DSP Campaign Management, Optimization and Reporting
- Build, traffic, and manage programmatic buys across multiple DSP platforms, be familiar with platforms for paid search and social
- Campaign creation within the DSPs, data onboarding, A/B testing and rotation setup, proper tracking implementation, foresight in campaign setup to prepare for optimizations and success, setting bid strategies, etc
- Manage pacing and evaluate performance to ensure KPI delivery, identifying and implementing optimizations, proactively making recommendations and providing campaign insights
- Evaluate and deliver actionable audience insights and optimization-based insights with the necessary cadence in order to enhance campaign strategy/goals
- Understand how to manage and prioritize different goals and requirements (awareness, traffic, viewability, brand safety)
- Work closely with media planning teams to provide ROI-driven insights and recommendations. Understand how programmatic fits within a media plan and media objectives in order to develop and execute successful strategies
- Identify relevant audience pools for campaigns and provide recommendations
- Work directly with the internal media team to ensure all tracking is in place and firing correctly, continuously monitor campaigns to ensure everything is serving correctly. Coordinate with the internal media team to provide assistance in identifying, reporting and resolving technical issues
- Create testing plans that align with goals to improve campaign performance
- Continue learning and maintaining industry knowledge and trends as it regards to programmatic buying. Stay on top of technology updates and opportunities
- Contribute to updating best practices and offer insights on how to improve campaign effectiveness
- Be a subject matter expert both internally and with the client
- Build relationships with platform, inventory and data vendors
- Drive innovation
what you'll need:
- 4 year College Degree, Bachelor’s or higher
- “Hands on Keyboard” experience with self-serve DSP’s (TTD, Dataxu, DV360, AppNexus, etc)
- Experience with the Google Marketing Platform (Google Ads, Analytics, CM, Data Studio, etc) and Social Native Platforms a plus
- Passionate advocate for digital marketing, search, display, social, video and native
- Data Management Platform experience a plus
- Experience in a professional capacity that leaned heavily on the regular use of testing and numerical tracking to improve results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, expert level in Excel
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, are detail oriented and have the ability to multitask.
- Have hands on keyboard working knowledge of programmatic platforms, an in-depth understanding of the digital advertising marketplace
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and upbeat spirit.
- 2+ years of experience in self-serve DSP platforms including Display & Video 360, Dataxu, and the Amazon DSP.
- Be numbers-oriented, analytical, an excel guru and a self-starter.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.