The smartdept is in search of a Project Manager to work for a fortune-500 company located in Oak Brook, IL. If you’re highly organized, a strong communicator, and have stellar strategy and client management chops, this is just the job for you!
In this position, you’ll be responsible for managing creative projects from initial briefing and conception through to execution. You’ll also handle a variety of account and client management responsibilities, and will have the opportunity to lead creative briefs, drive and execute marketing strategies, and manage vendor relations.
**This is a temp-to-hire opportunity - will most likely freelance for 60-90 days prior to converting to full-time.
The Senior Project Manager provides strategic recommendations and manages Company/ Agency resources to ensure the Client’s marketing needs are met. Lead and monitor the day-to-day activities, work with other departments to develop and execute strategies that will build the Client’s business for the creative team and project management teams in addition to the digital workflows that support it. Strong retail background is beneficial.
Strategy And Marketing
- Driving marketing and creative insights/strategies based on relevant consumer insight and business insight
- Leads insightful and actionable creative briefs
- Represents agency in effectively communicating and selling the agency points of view and recommendations
- Proactively identifying new business building insights and opportunities
Project Management And Execution
- Independently manages creative projects from briefing to execution
- Demonstrates the ability to read a situation and react appropriately to solve problems and issues
- Demonstrates flexibility in both client and internal situations
- Effectively delegates to direct reports while ensuring quality work and ultimate responsibility of all projects and tasks
- Viewed as a trusted advisor; partners with clients in a positive, professional and constructive manner
- Understands and articulates client business strategies and insights and leverages this to contribute new creative and business insights
- Effectively sells agency strategies, creative and points of view
- Recognizes new revenue opportunities and works to implement them
- An energetic and passionate presenter
- Creates a logical structure, clear storyline, and conclusion in all written documents
- Strong listening skills to digest and process and guide strategy and problem resolution
- 3-5 or more years of experience working as a Project Manager in the advertising/marketing industry
- Strong Account Management skills; Experience working closely with clients and outside vendors
- Strong ability to quickly learn and function within various proprietary software applications (ie. SaaS, DAM, CMS and Database systems)
- Leadership skills and strategic focus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, handle stressful situations and deadline pressures
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC and Microsoft Office
- Ability working with Circular or regular periodicals
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.