smartdept.inc is looking to hire a contract specialist for a client in downtown Chicago. This is a 3 month contract starting ASAP.
The contract specialist will be part of the services contracting process. You will be reviewing and verifying the business and legal aspects of Statements of Work (SOWs) and other contracts for risk, compliance, scope and other components.
What you'll do:
- Oversee created contracts with all parties from draft through to execution.
- Create customer- and provider-facing documents by analyzing submitted written scope for compliance, comprehensiveness, and feasibility.
- Review and migrate content from third parties into client's formats and templates, while ensuring accurate and complete flow-down of required terms and conditions.
- Conduct initial negotiations with customers and service providers on behalf of client.
- Serve as liaison to all stakeholders by assisting with process issues, training, and developing tools and language to capture important components of agreements and transactions.
- Ensure that SOW services sales entered through client's sales ordering tools such as the AS400 are associated with the appropriate Master or “one-off” base contract vehicle.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that purchase orders can readily be sent to partners and that invoicing is on-time and accurate.
- Provide effective communication to key stakeholders, assist stakeholders in expressing their needs, and manage information flow.
- Oversee contracting process and provide guidance and coordination for all stakeholders.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction via fast, accurate, and professional contract creation.
- Drive sales by demonstrating subject matter expertise across the entire services contracting business unit.
- Assist sales teams by advising on contract SOWs, terms and conditions and related content areas to help effectively drive incremental revenues in high-margin services sales.
- Mitigate the risk of service sales by spotting potential legal, business, and compliance issues via a professionally written contract vehicle.
- Build strong relationships with key coworkers and outside personnel.
- Provide services contract training to sales, services teams, and management.
- Address other issues, as they arise, related to SOWs and services contracting.
- Perform various administrative, support, auditing, project-related and other work, assigned on an as needed basis
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2 years applicable business experience.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to recognize both business and legal risks and opportunities
- Ability to perform independently at a high level with minimal oversight
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, to perform well under tight time constraints, to meet hard deadlines, and to respond quickly to emergent issues with poise and composure
- A diplomatic and professional approach to business contacts
- Proficiency with PC; command of MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain concentrated focus on details to spot even the most minor discrepancies and anomalies in contract documentation and scope statements.
- Preferred: Background and relevant experience working directly in editing, journalism, technical writing, contract drafting, law, and/or information technology.
- Experience with contract management software or other contract management workflow tools, such as Sharepoint and Emptoris.
Job Type: Contract
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.