The Business Development Director is responsible for developing and implementing clear communications, marketing and sales strategies for agreed upon agency objectives. This position will assist in identifying, evaluating and recommending marketing opportunities consistent with new business objectives, and support client relations through researching, managing, writing and editing RFP’s. The Director collaborates with the EVP, Business and Account Development on communications with potential business partners and clients, maintains the company’s online presence and marketing materials, and works closely with various team members across the agency to ensure a consistent revenue stream and forecasting.
This is not a sales job! It’s a job for a talented and efficient writer who simply knows how to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams while managing lead generation activities, social media presence and channel marketing support.
- Manage the RFP response process, from initial assessment of leads and opportunities through delivery of RFP responses, to development of finalist pitch presentations.
- Research prospective clients, Develop prospect lists, analyze opportunities and implement outreach plans to solicit new clients
- Works in conjunction with the EVP to cultivate prospects and build relationships, including interfacing with prospective clients, and presenting agency services.
- Manage key marketing data (via SalesForce) to track activity, forecast pipeline and analyze performance
- Review and edit materials for compliance, messaging, completeness, and work closely with various staff on required formatting in a timely manner.
- Attend industry events to build company presence and generate qualified leads
- Assist in the execution of the annual marketing plan and budget
- Manage the company’s social media presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Manage campaigns and systematic outreach with results metrics
- Maintain database of proposal and presentation examples for future use
- Update and maintain agency website, including creation of “Insights” posts
- Organize trade shows, and internal/external events
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for assigned staff.
- Develop, mentor, and coach assigned staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Role is primarily writing responses/proposals to agency clients
- Must have strong communications skills - will be interacting with account managers and creatives, and clients from time-to-time
- Managing the company’s social media – must have experience with Blogs, FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. Understanding processes, developing guidelines, utilizing Salesforce, etc. is part of the day to day.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field
- 6-8 years of experience in an agency (preferred) or marketing organization
- Demonstrated experience in effective proposal writing
- Demonstrated success in business development and developing professional relationships with prospective clients
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Experience with CRM systems desired, preferably Salesforce
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple projects, coordinating across multiple disciplines and teams,
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines, adapting with flexibility and a positive attitude to changing requirements
- Proactive selling skills
- Analytical experience, especially in monitoring effectiveness versus defined metrics
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.