The smartdept. inc. is in search of a proposal writer for an agency client who specializes in marketing and advertising for nonprofit and higher education organizations. This is a 1 month contract position with possibility to extend. This contract will be 40 hours a week.
What you'll do:
- Responds to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) determined to be within the agency’s scope of operations which includes editing and coordinating proposals and other marketing materials to support new business development efforts.
- Collaborate with multiple teams, including consulting and account management, creative, and media in order to respond to proposals for prospective clients
- Create, update, and maintain templates for proposals, ensuring accuracy, persuasiveness, quality, and consistency.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Prepare effective presentations for client pitches, such as interactive presentations, and other marketing collateral.
- Update and maintain agency website through regular content reviews ensuring that all information is current and relevant, including employee bios/photos, case studies.
- Develop key messaging and tools that communicate product and service value via multiple channels including digital marketing, social media, sales force and tradeshows.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business, or related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in an agency or professional services environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including previous proposal development and/or business writing experience. with
- Experience writing and developing proposals for digital marketing opportunities required.
- Ability to translate broad, complex concepts from subject matter experts into clear, compelling, and concise communications
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and independent decision making, and balance multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment including prioritization of workload with shifting demands
- Demonstrated proficiency in editing and proofreading required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to Heather@thesmartdept.com.