The smartdept. inc. is in search of a full-time, freelance Senior Art Director to work for a digital agency in the Loop, Chicago, IL. If you are passionate about design and eager to collaborate with other creatives to solve problems, please keep reading!
The Senior Art Director is responsible for translating ideas and concepts into useful and engaging solutions—mainly websites, intranets, mobile and responsive frameworks. You’ll be working with other visual designers, user experience designers, front-end developers, and content strategists.
- Design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Create visual solutions
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color and other items to create innovative solutions that align with business and user needs
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
- Build and maintain rapport with team members
- Foster a collaborative environment
- Communicate and succinctly articulate concept rationales
- Work in partnership with multiple clients
- Strong design portfolio with 5+ (AD) or 8+ (Sr. AD) years design and interactive work experience
- Ability to articulate and present creative ideas
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- A solid working knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs—Mac OS, Photoshop and Illustrator, etc.
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and the capabilities of web browsers
- Knowledge and experience in working within a responsive framework
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Mature appreciation of the balance between creative and business opportunities
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.