smartdept.inc is hiring a senior copywriter for our client in downtown Chicago. The ideal candidate will come with agency and healthcare experience, specifically heath insurance/pharma.
The senior copywriter will concept and craft copy for print and digital direct response marketing channels; develop work that is conceptually rich and performance-driven to achieve marketing/strategic goals, while also aligned with client brand, tone and voice requirements.
what you'll do:
- Develop and implement creative, technical and conceptual copy solutions in Direct Mail, Email, Paid Social, Landing Page, Microsite, Display Advertising and Blog Content channels.
- Ability to understand an assignment from a Creative Brief and turn print/digital experiences into exciting, innovative executions that fulfill the client's direct marketing goals.
- Manage outside resources as needed by assigning projects, editing work and monitoring performance.
- Work with Creative Director, creative team members and client teams to create appropriate, workable ways to express and enhance the client’s communication needs.
- Leverage direct response best practices to help our clients reach their strategic and targeting goals.
- Responsible for current knowledge and understanding of emerging trends and technologies, and the ability to institute best practices for print and digital marketing products.
- Produce copy solutions that achieve the agency’s and clients’ desired results at a reasonable expenditure of time and resources.
- Show ability in creating and executing fresh, innovative concepts that enhance response strategies and achieve client objectives.
what you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in advertising, communications, journalism or English.
- Minimum of four years of professional copywriting experience.
- Health insurance experience is required. Medicare experience is a strong plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and conceptual communication skills.
- Have a general sense/understanding of branding, art direction and typography, and the ability to work closely with an Art Director to create outstanding work.
- Knowledge of principles and practices for all communication channels. Portfolio examples of direct mail campaigns are required.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work on a team, maintain a positive and professional demeanor, and accept constructive criticism in a mature manner.
- Self-motivation and a positive interaction with a wide range of individuals is expected.
- Demonstration of a willingness to work toward the goals and success of the organization as a whole.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.