The smartdept. inc. is in search of a Senior Copywriter for our client in the city of Chicago. In partnership with the clients’ product management, marketing, and UX design teams, the right candidate will be responsible for crafting website copy, blog posts, social media posts, nurture and other prospecting emails, whitepapers, event-specific content, sales enablement materials, and webinar communication assets to facilitate marketing campaign production and measurement to translate capabilities associated with the software platform and insurance solutions targeted to Small Medium Enterprises (SME) into clear benefits for the customers. This is a 6 month contract role, 40 hours per week.
What you will do:
- Write and edit compelling content for website, social media, email campaigns, Blogs and other digital experiences.
- Interview users and subject-matter experts to generate thought leadership stories that inspire and excite.
- Champion a natural language approach to brand voice and style.
- Think in systems, always keeping in mind what came before and what comes after for the reader or user.
- Spot a typo from a mile away and take the initiative to fix it.
- Work closely with content strategists and marketers to bring fresh creative direction to marketing campaigns.
- Keep up with digital trends and think about how to apply them to brand messaging.
What experience you will need:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in content strategy.
- Prefer someone with experience writing for B2B, B2B2C products.
- A degree in journalism, English, communications or a related field; a master’s degree or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
- Working knowledge of content management systems.
- Confidence in ability to write creative copy for multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work with marketers, content strategists, and subject-matter experts.
- A solid understanding of how to maintain consistent style and voice.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Experience with AP Style is a plus.
Please include writing and editing samples.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.