Our client in Bellevue is looking for a talented Senior Graphic Designer to join their team! This person will work closely with creative teams to conceptualize, design, and execute a wide range of books and kits for adults and kids. The ideal candidate will have a wide range of design capabilities and experience, but have a solid understanding of print and publishing, specializing in text-driven books with complex interiors. They must have an expert-level understanding of InDesign with a demonstrated knowledge of advanced typesetting skills as shown through a portfolio of professional work.
- Work closely and collaboratively with a creative team to create engaging licensed and non-licensed products for adult and kids publishing imprints, as well as third party publishers.
- Responsible for art directing and designing projects assigned by Design Manager, seeing all projects through from concept + creative development, to design, delivery, and proof-checking.
- Create strong designs within budget that are appropriate to the customer and stand out against competing products in the marketplace.
- Present concept and design direction at Design Reviews, and provide estimate time and costs for Creative work.
- Maintain communication and manage design needs and deadlines for assigned projects with teams consisting of an Editor and Production Coordinator, as well as a Photo Researcher, Illustrator, and/or Product Developer, as needed. Work closely with Design Manager to track progress and meet major milestones.
- Support the Sales team by delivering required sales materials for assigned projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 5+ years of experience working in an in-house creative department in print and publishing. Experience with packaging and specialty printing preferred but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator for Mac OS.
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of composition, layout, and typography for multipage documents with a grid structure.
- Must know how to properly set up InDesign files, using advanced techniques to flow and style text straight from a manuscript delivered in Microsoft Word.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.