The smartdept. is in search of a Senior Designer to work for a global client located in Chicago, IL. Do you consider yourself a well-rounded and versatile Creative that enjoys graphic design and art direction? Are you comfortable with production and have an eye for photography? If so, keep reading!
In this position, you’ll concept and design both print and digital deliverables, and will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects: everything from direct mail and product collateral to banner campaigns, social media posts, landing pages, print ads, inserts, emails, presentations, web targeting, photo searching and retouching, retail partnership program materials!
As the Senior Designer, you’ll be responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously, and will own each project soup to nuts, including: initial ideation and concepting, design execution, photo selection and editing, and final production. You’ll also be responsible for creating production ready print and digital files, including specs and layers. This will involve setting up and naming files, prepping and releasing files, and uploading files onto the client server.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the creative team in the conception, development and refinement of on-strategy creative deliverables
- Understand and apply Brand Guidelines as it relates to design, photography and style
- Craft creative that is free of errors in style and presentation
- Be a solution provider. Identify challenges and recommend solutions
- Manage projects from start to finish, ensuring flawless production from concepts to release of files
- Manage time and produce effective communications under tight deadlines
- Be flexible and willing to work on any type of deliverable, ranging from production tasks to concepting
- Creates, develops, and executes quality designs for marketing vehicles including circular, catalogs, collateral, brochures, direct mail, newspaper ads, magazine ads, in-store signs, emails, presentations, packaging, internal campaigns, and internal ad hoc requests
- Strong conceptual chops
- High proficiency with: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign), Microsoft Office, Powerpoint
- Advanced level skill with Photoshop (for example: including creating website graphics, working with gradients, working with perspective, adding artistic filters, working with shapes, filtering, removing a background, using photo merge and/or managing color)
- Agency experience preferred
- Photo and image editing experience (ie. retouching, manipulations, light and photo adjustments)
- CPG, Financial, Ecommerce, Retail/Brand, and Integrated Campaign experience preferred
- Experience creating ad campaign concepts for various media
- Knowledge of consumer, industry and competitive trends
- Knowledge of industry design styles, standards and formats
- Knowledge of brand identity guidelines and style guidelines to achieve consistent and effective messaging and corporate image in all marketing concepts
- Experience building communications pieces (including typography, setting color, editing images and beginning preparing files for lease to a printer)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.