The smartdept is in search of a Senior .NET Application Architect for a client in New York City. The resource will be primarily responsible for .NET development, initial triage of issues, reviewing code and facilitating discussions with vendors and clients with a view to integration into client Web platforms. Your impact as a Software Developer and Application Architect includes roughly equal amounts of client-facing work and regular development. This is a 6 month opportunity, 40 hours/week.
What your day looks like:
- Preparing and delivering presentations and demonstrations of the software
- Troubleshooting complex technical problems.
- Work with support team to determine the cause of production errors and identify solutions.
- Working as part of the development team to deliver the product aligning to the Agile development methodology.
- Develop in C# development, working on product backlog items independently and with other team members.
- Introduce new tools where appropriate to the team
- Responsibility for working in accordance with Aon policies and procedures, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business.
Basic Job Requirements:
- Strong experience working as a developer who has been exposed to a number of different integration technologies.
- Experience with troubleshooting complex production issues with hardware / environmental components.
- Able to articulate complex issues and concepts to both technical and non-technical people.
- Able to help teams emerge as self-organising by demonstrating important behaviours including ability to collaborate, motivate and take ownership for managing pipeline of work.
- You must be a strong communicator with the confidence to address a range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven experience working with Team Foundation Server and able to demonstrate knowledge of working as part of an Agile team, adhering to all the relevant Scrum ceremonies.
- Experience working with offshore teams.
Knowledge & Expertise Needed:
- Graduate level education or similar in an IT subject (or 8+ year experience in IT development)
- Highly skilled in C# .NET as both a developer and application architect with strong knowledge of C# and the .NET Framework (C++ knowledge a bonus)
- Highly skilled in ASP.NET Web API
- Strong SQL Server skills
- Experience with profiling and performance tuning of C# applications and SQL Server databases
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.