The smartdept. inc. is in search of a Senior Product Developer to work for an iconic retailer in Hoffman Estates. This is an exciting time to join a dynamic company that is in the process developing new product lines and categories.
You’ll lead creative direction and product development, ensuring that the creative services team carries out the overall creative direction in a consistent and cohesive manner.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new design directions for a classic brand
- Develop innovative products and conceptualize designs based on market and consumer trends, consumer research, competitive analysis, and field sales feedback
- Serve as the creative leader, driving creative thinking and fostering innovative ideas for new product designs and formats, both internally and through their licensing partners
- Work with the VP of Marketing to set art direction
- Carry the direction throughout the creative department
- Work with the Creative Project Managers to schedule the creative team, manage projects and monitor schedules to ensure all deadlines are met
- Serve as a hands-on working member of the team, creating new artwork for the line from concept to finished art
- Works with Procurement team to determine feasibility and most cost effective methods for creating new product without sacrificing quality
- Delivers concepts, pitches and final executions based on strategy, research and strong insights
- Works with global manufacturing partners to effectively execute designs in a timely manner
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Design, or related discipline is required.
- 7-10 years of product development experience in a consumer products company which focuses on emotional products, especially gifts, keepsakes, toys, etc.
- 5+ years of creative/product development management experience, including management of both internal and freelance talent.
- World-class portfolio of creative work with track record of success
- A proficient understanding of the following materials: bisque, resin, plush, plastics, drinkware, home décor, fabric, paper, packaging and decal applications as it pertains to dimensional and non-dimensional product.
- Strong conceptual skills and design abilities
- Exceptional art direction skill
- Creatively prolific with a passion and enthusiasm for innovation and developing big ideas
- Proficient with In-Design, Illustrator, and Photoshop
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.