Freelance opportunity with a unique client located in the city! Looking for a Senior Production Artist with a strong eye for design! About 60% print, 40% digital.
Must have technical ability, and design eye – a creative communications problem solver. Also must be able to update content, add additional layers to already built out pages, move between cross-platforms, moving content over from print to digital, etc., and have strong layout capabilities.
- Supremely proficient in InDesign and Photoshop—including intermediate to advanced experience with InDesign style sheets
- Very high photo shopping skills and an efficient design eye (being able to resize out art for different purposes super-fast)
- Ability to assess logic behind setup of InDesign + Photoshop (built by others) and work within that structure/improve as needed
- Experience saving files for digital and print, with a strong understanding of what is required for each
- An incredibly quick, efficient worker (InDesign: do they work with keyboard shortcuts, text-frame options, quick-fit bounding box to content, speedy ways to align items; Photoshop: using mask to manipulate layers, working with smart objects, sharpen filters, etc.)
- Keen eye for detail as to what makes a design “click,” and proven success in maintaining the consistency of that design across multiple sizes and platforms (print ad to poster to small take-one to digital ads of various sizes, etc)
- Ability to take general ideas about a project and its goals and create strong graphic communication solutions—working through roadblocks to maintain design and brand standards independently
- Demonstrated experience managing hierarchy of message within design
- Comfortable working independently or with someone giving on-screen direction
- Able to articulate their ideas
- Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience with a solid mixture of projects in their portfolio (direct mail, advertisements, posters, signage, email headers, digital ads, website graphics)
- Mac environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.