The smartdept. inc. is in search of a Principal UI Developer to work for a financial services company in Des Plaines, IL.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of User Experience and Design, the Principal UI Developer is an expert builder, a player-coach, and a continuous learner. We're looking for someone who is able to lead by example, and work within and improve upon an established UI design system. You will be accountable for developing highly usable, efficient, and reusable UI components and patterns for an evolving and growing web platform. This is a high-visibility leadership role with an opportunity to make significant impact for the organization.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams: Product, UX, Development, QA, and others
- Deliver high-quality, efficient, and reusable UI components and templates; and reinforce their use by other developers
- Ensure that the integrity of design, branding, and UX standards are maintained throughout development
- Lead the implementation and documentation for the UI Framework
- Evangelize UI development best practices and methods to and on behalf of the team
- Optimize UI components and templates for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Significant experience with complex responsive web interfaces, forms, and data visualizations
- Strong knowledge of GIT and/or SVN source control; experience with Gulp/Grunt
- Expert knowledge of responsive frameworks such as Bootstrap; awareness of emerging standards like CSS Grid
- Expert knowledge of modern CSS approaches and preprocessors such as LESS, Sass, and Stylus
- Expert knowledge of web standards, accessibility, and semantic markup
- Significant experience with agile/scrum development process and SDLC
- Excellent communication and organizational skills - must be able to function as a thought leader as well as a team contributor
- Deep experience in coding and iterating HTML/CSS for interactive prototypes
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt to changing Front End ecosystems.
- Knowledge of KendoUI a plus.
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimization engineering best practices and techniques
- Present a deep portfolio of front-end implementations that demonstrate attention to details and fit/finish
- Ability to lead by example, and learn from anyone in the organization
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, or related areas of study
- 10+ years of front-end / UI development experience
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.