The Social Media Marketing Manager is responsible for the ongoing management and growth of client’s social media presence in alignment with business strategies and direction. This is a hands-on role requiring a minimum of 3 years prior working experience as a social media community manager / marketer.
The Social Media Marketing Manager will serve as a full time community manager for all client brands, including monitoring all social properties, creating unique, engaging content and participating on social media. This includes reviewing and preparing content and coordinating production deadlines for social media marketing efforts. The Social Media Marketing Manager must have strong creative and professional writing skills and will work with the marketing team to brainstorm and create social initiatives to grow the assigned communities. The Social Media Marketing Manager is also responsible for developing and implementing paid advertising campaigns through social media channels. This includes concept creation, target audience selection, budget development, spend management, performance measurement and reporting.
The Social Media Marketing Manager will be a continual learner, following and absorbing the trends of social media and incorporating into the social strategy for the company.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop marketing and communications plans that leverage the social media space. You will play a significant role in the strategy and own the execution of the social media elements of the Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for developing content across owned and earned social channels. This will include blog posts, tweets, status updates, pins, photos and videos. An ability to creatively capture thought provoking photographic images is a must.
- Create, manage and grow brand presence across social media channels, including, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram and select blogs.
- Leverage measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and developing new initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing and executing social media initiatives – specifically business to consumer.
- Real-word experience planning social media programs that span owned (eg Blogs), earned (eg Facebook) and paid (sponsored posts and tweets) properties.
- Demonstrable knowledge of key social media platform guidelines, including, but not limited to those associated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Yelp! and Instagram.
- Demonstrable firsthand experience implementing social media advertising campaigns employing Facebook Ad Manager and Power Editor.
- Establish and maintain brand message consistency across multiple social media and content platforms.
- Develop, implement and manage online listening and social media measurement tools and functions. Evaluate and report on social media advertising ROI.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their skills by completing a set of questions and short assignments as part of the interview process.
- A minimum of 3 years direct working experience developing content and managing social properties in a corporate environment. Applicants without this minimum experience will not be considered.
- Social media marketing experience, including Facebook targeting and ad placement, within either the restaurant industry or in the area of general retail. Strongest preference given to candidates with social media marketing experience in the restaurant industry.
- BA or BS with focus on communication, advertising, and/or marketing.
- Demonstrable Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Demonstrable Experience leveraging social media management and analytics tools, with platforms such as SproutSocial and HootSuite, for example.
- Demonstrable experience with writing, editing and crafting content for the social media space.
- Demonstrable experience with photography and/or photo editing software (Photoshop).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.