smartdept.inc is in search of a Sr. Art Director to work with a Chicago based marketing firm who's focus is in providing marketing and advertising solutions for non-profit organizations. This is a full time, direct hire position.
The Sr. Art Director designs and leads the conceptualization of diverse projects, including integrated campaigns, websites, advertising, video, emails, identity design, and print communications. As a member of multiple project teams, he or she contributes creative concepts, proposes deliverables, provides guidance and expertise to team members, and supports the advancement of identity, digital and print design services for the agency and for clients.
What you'll do:
- Contributes strong creative concepts and develops those creative concepts into high quality deliverables
- Ensures deliverables meet best practices while also meeting the needs of clients
- Designs digital and print media, with an eye to best practices in usability, design principles, and typographic excellence
- Anticipate future issues and concerns
- Consults with and takes direction from creative directors
- Attends brainstorms and project meetings, leading as needed
- Directs Jr. Designers and freelancers
- Manages time appropriately to adhere to deadlines
- Contributes to new business efforts through presentation design and intake meetings
- Investigates and shares information about new trends, tools, and techniques
- Presents to and collaborates with clients; participates and/or leads prototyping as necessary
- Participates in print and digital quality control processes to ensure optimal results
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of integrated hands-on design across both print and digital media
- Strong design skills that take messaging, user experience, marketing, technology, accessibility, budget, and aesthetics into account—and delivers an excellent creative product
- Demonstrated typographic excellence
- Creative thinking that understands the “big idea,” and can drive and support the creative strategy across multiple projects in various media
- Capacity to work and lead on several projects simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge of responsive visual design and print production
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to Heather@thesmartdept.com.