The smartdept. inc. is in search of a contract Techincal Writer- Lead for a 6-9 month project with a global client in Ada, MI who is in need of a strategic writer with proficiency in creating full corporate internal communication plans and interacting with various corporate stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Assist in building a communications plan for a new training program that will begin at the end of the year. This training will be for a core group to begin, and then rolled out to the rest of the organization.
- Work with the project owners to determine the course of communications and create a full communications plan that includes change management (there is a team for this) that would inform employees and encourage the desired behavior.
- Determine the best tactics based on our communication channels and create the narrative, memos or toolkits that would be required. Examples: Operating Model, Digital Transformation, Agile training, Web Replacement.
- There may be some ad hoc communications such as memos from the President on employee events or holiday greetings.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Worked on communicating an IT project, having engaged with the core IT, change management, communications and training teams.
- Engaged with various function leaders to understand the impacts to their employees and the requirements.
- Developed advisories and toolkits that detail what the respective employee can expect during a transition.
- Familiarity with agile training or the agile work process is of high importance.
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Experience working at a high level in a corporate structure and on a formal communications team in a specialist or management role.
- Experience working on strategic communications (knowledgeable of the nomenclature) and with both executives and process teams (PMO and Change Management).
- Experience working on IT related strategic communications is a plus.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.