smartdept. inc is hiring a Packaging Designer for a 3 month contract with a national retailer based in Issaquah. As the packaging designer, you will work closely with the Packaging Graphics team, creating designs that follow corporate brand standards for a wide variety of packaging types; Including: color boxes, poly bags, labels, ect. Candidates should be able to handle project from initial concept through final production stages.
What You Need:
- Formal training at an accredited graphic design school.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- The ability to conceptualize ideas.
- Good use of typography and layout.
- On the job Macintosh design and production experience..
- Working knowledge of dielines.
- Understanding of multiple printing processes.
- Experience in creating designs that are follow a creative brief.
- Flexibility in daily tasks; able to shift back and forth between design and production tasks.
- Self-motivated and set priorities.
- Work well in a team environment, under extremely tight deadlines.
- Ability to follow tight file set up procedures and departmental guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and ability to take direction and criticism well.
- Extreme attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and ability to multi task.
Nice to Have:
- Ability to do hand cutting and assemble mock-ups.
- Experience in 3D rendering.
- Illustration skills would be favorable.
- Past use of project management software would be helpful.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.