The smart dept is looking for a print/textile designer to join the team of a major retailer. You will be responsible for designing on trend prints for textiles of consumer goods. The ideal designer is experienced and has an eye for accessories and the ability to create original saleable concepts that encompass style, color, print and fabric.
What you'll do:
• Conceptualize and accurately sketch multiple design ideas that represent target customer.
• Act as fashion authority to drive brand designs and point of view.
• Effectively collaborate with design team, print studio and cross-divisional partners.
• Select fabric, yarn and trims.
• Research appropriate materials, silhouettes and components.
• Prepare and present sketches to various teams.
• Research and analyze trends of competitors.
• Create compelling cross category concepts across- print, woven & knit.
• Bachelor's degree in Textile or Fashion Design (also acceptable or Fine Art/Design)
• 5+ years’ experience as a textile or fashion assistant designer/designer.
• 1+ year of recent experience with soft/trend accessories is required.
• Strong ability to hand-sketch, and create compelling visual design boards.
• Proficiency in MS Office suite and Adobe programs.
• Strong understanding of industry and trends.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.