UI/UX Designer should have 5-7 years digital design experience (web, mobile, app, responsive) working within a scrum team and should have a strong portfolio showing core UX/UI design skills.
UI/UX Designer will be part of a larger scrum team, working with a developer, writer and scrum master daily to complete project. The designer will be expected to participate in daily standups with the scrum team, as well as submit designs for approval to the Director of UX/Design.
- Focus on user-centered design principles to create intuitive, mobile-first and highly functional web, visual and interaction design
- Simplify complex content and ideas into functional, usable interfaces.
- Ensure existing UI guidelines and standards are followed during the development and maintenance of the product/site.
- Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at a design that supports both the business and a strong user experience.
- Conduct and/or participate in product usability tests.
- Communicate and work effectively with cross-functional team members including but not limited to developers, writers, scrum master, business analysts
- Ability to quickly prototype designs in tools such as Adobe XD, InvisionApp or Adobe CC.
- Translate low fidelity wireframes/UX prototypes into effective and appealing interfaces.
- Contribute to planning and daily stand ups with dev team in an agile workflow.
- Proactively recognize UX/UI gaps in design and propose solutions.
- You understand best practices in responsive layouts and mobile design.
- You have an expertise in current trends for UX/UI design and data visualization.
- You leverage new technology, find unexpected ideas, and push the boundaries in solving UX problems with continued innovation.
- You articulate user experience design issues effectively. You present and justify design thinking and rationale through key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
- 5-7 years digital design experience in a commercial software product company, design firm, or consulting firm
- Mastery of user-centered design principles and practices, focused on a mobile-first methodology
- Mastery of UI design, including but not limited to concepts, prototypes, data visualization
- Experience creating site maps and wireframes and customer journeys
- Innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Experience working in an agile development process.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
- Excellent organization skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com.